Sunday, January 31, 2010

16th January 2010

I have joined a soccer club this year, my team is called Affinity, which is apparently a hair salon! Our jersey's dark green with yellow piping down the sides, kind of Aussie colours.


We have played two games so far, we lost the first one, but I wanted to tell you about our most recent game.


I started off as the left attacker, then the whistle blew and the game began! The opponent scored after about 10 minutes ... we had to get it back. The coach pulled me off a few minutes later. Soon the half time whistle blew.


We took a break while the coach talked to us. we had to at least draw. She put me on the right attack this time. We kept getting close to the goals but our team wasn't working together and passing.


At last we got the ball and dribbled it up to the goal. Nuckle (my team mate) passed it to Asif, he shoots, he scores! A beautiful goal for Affinity... but wait, the ref blew his whistle , what's going on? No way, you have got to be kidding me, he called it off side! That's it, now we really have to score.


Coach took me off again for a little while, but it seemed like ages. She finally let me on as right mid fielder, but we only had ten minutes left. I somehow got the ball and dribbled it up. I crossed it to Nuckle, he took the shot and scored. Finally we were drawing and we weren't offside or anything!!!


We had a couple of minutes left, it didn't seem possible to get another goal and win.


Soon the whistle blew and the game ended, it was a better result than last week!


They gave us some snacks, oh, I forgot to tell you that in India at the end of the Game they (the parents) give you snacks and it isn't just oranges. Its things like muffins, LCM's and chocolate!!!

A brilliant ending to the game.


No comments:

Post a Comment