Monday, November 16, 2009

Hong Kong!

My family and I went to Hong Kong just about five days ago. We went there for about 10 days. We went there to get Mum, Sam and my visa renewed, but it also made a good holiday.


Visa's


So the whole reason we went to Hong Kong was because Mum, Sam and my visa had run out. The place we had to go to was the Indian Consulate General. In the end we had to go there three times and each time it had a massive long line. According to the website we could get our visa's changed so we wouldn't have to leave the country every 6 months, but in the end we just got another 6 month tourist visa. So I think we have learned not to listen to the website and if we want to get our visa's changed we have to go back to Australia.



Disneyland


All up we spent 2 days at Disneyland. We didn't do the 2 days in a row because we wanted to go on Space Mountain which wasn't open until a certain date. The first day we went I got photos with everybody. We ended up going on the Pooh Bear ride twice! We went to the Buzz Lightyear Astro Blasters Ride a couple of times too...It was probably my favourite ride until I met Space Mountain. We met Jack Sparrow who was really weird. The first day we went we stayed until the fireworks which looked amazing. We saw 4 shows which were Festival of the Lion King, The Golden Mickeys, High School Musical Live and Philar Magic. High School Musical was interesting. They were a bit tone deaf with there singing if you ask me! But Philar Magic was my favourite. We also went on the Jungle River Cruise. The second day was when we went on Space Mountain. The first time I wasn't so sure and I didn't like it but after a while I was in love, and it became my favourite ride! In one of the pictures Sam blocked me out with his hair. One time I thought I forgot about the photo but I had actually put my hands in the air and blocked out Sam's face, which made great pay back!


Ocean Park


Ocean Park was another good theme park in Hong Kong. The only problem is, is that it is on a mountain which makes it very tiring to walk around all the time. They have a really good cable car which went over the mountains and was quite steep. Ocean Park has 2 roller coasters. The big one with cork screws and loop-the-loops was not open, to my relief so we had to go on the Mine Train one which was scary to me. I only ended up going on it twice unlike everyone else. I can tell you that I am afraid of roller coasters. My favourite ride overall at Ocean Park was 'The Raging River!' The have these little log boats that go in the little river and they hold 4 passengers so our family all went in the same one. It is all pretty normal until you get to the end where there is a steep drop. We went on it 3 times but the last time was my favourite. We put Dad in the front then Sam, Me and lastly Mum. When we were going down the drop Dad and Sam leaned forward and we (mostly me) got soaked and water kept coming in. We then got to the end where it said, "You may get wet!"



Shopping


We spent a couple of days shopping at the markets and some shopping malls. If you ask anyone in my family the will say that I got the most and that I shopped out Hong Kong. Every time Sam would just complain and say to Me and Mum,

"Why do we always have to follow you around shopping?"


Hotels


For the first three night we stayed at the Disneyland Hotel, which even had custom made carpet and sheets and every morning at breakfast they had some of the Disney characters. There was also a pool and a really cool water slide.

After that we stayed at the Hong Kong Gold Coast Hotel which also had a pool and a not as cool slide. One day me and Sam found heaps of balloons and went to the jets an filled them up with water and pushed them down the slide. We also did really funny stuff on the slide!

But overall I liked the Disneyland Hotel better.


I hope you can see that we had a really cool time in Hong Kong.


Talk soon,


Hunter


No comments:

Post a Comment