Monday, September 14, 2009

My First Baseball Game

Last Saturday we had our first baseball game.


We had to get to mine at 8:30 am to get my jersey and do some practice. Unfortunately I didn't get to go to practice the day before because of a birthday party. My team is called the Los Angeles Dodgers. We got a blue baseball hat that said LA, a Dodgers jersey (I'm number 7!) and a NDLL (New Delhi Little League) Dodgers bag! We didn't get any pants because they didn't want to encourage us to slide onto the bases yet.


We had some fielding and batting practice and then the game started...


LA DODGER VS NEW YORK METS....and the game begins


There is three innings and we batted first. I was batter number 10 so I didn't get to bat in the first innings. That made it pretty boring. I can't remember what the score was after that.


We then moved on to fielding and I was on the outfield. I didn't get any balls but I encouraged the rest of the team and was enjoying the game.


The next innings I got to bat. When it was my turn I held my bat and was saying to myself "I'm going to beat the crap out of this ball" Lucky enough I did as it went flying. It was probably the biggest hit of the day. Coach Sam wouldn't stop talking about it. It felt awesome. I dropped the bat and ran to first base and then Coach Atts told me to stop, I was disappointed. I think I made it to third base but then we had to switch to fielding.


This time I played catcher. I kneeled behind the batter. The coaches pitch it to us under arm or over arm but very slowly so whenever the other team missed the ball it just came rolling to me...how fun! At least it wasn't like Sam's game when they players pitch really fast so it comes like flying to he catcher....how scary.


I got to bat the last innings to and again sent the ball flying. I ran to first base and then second and just made it to third. They said I was out even though I technically wasn't cause they didn't actually tag me with the ball. They made me out because there was only four minutes left so they wanted to give the other team a chance to bat again cause we were thrashing them!!! Although I wasn't really out I was disappointed I probably would of got my first home run.


Anyway I fielded in the outfield again but nothing really happened but by the end of the game we had won by a whopping 14 to 5!


We then had the snacks that one of the parents had brought which was the best. We went to training on Tuesday and at the end they had muffins, biscuits, popcorn and doughnuts not to mention coach Sam saying I was a natural at baseball! Woo hoo!


Talk soon and don't forget....


!GO THE LA DODGERS!

No comments:

Post a Comment