Sunday, August 9, 2009

10th Birthday in India!

Well it was my birthday on saturday and we went to splash water park. It was my first time. I was tall enough to be an adult so I got to go on all the rides. At first I was a little scared but once I had one go I loved it. Luckily the big slide opened...on that one you have to use mats. One guy left with a head injury because everybody tried to get his mat but he wasn't off it yet. There weren't many mats so everybody fought for them.


There was one slide that you had to push yourself down the whole time so your hands get tired but it worked for Dad. He went so fast water splashed out of the sides. There was a bit of a line at that slide but whenever the guy saw me he let me through past all of the Indians every time.


Everyone kept asking me what my name was and asked me to show them how I swim although the water was only knee deep. Dad was popular as well, heaps of people crowded around him and wanted to know his name as well but it never seemed to come out right for them. They also asked him if he would dance with them!


When we got back to the ashram instead of a birthday cake we handed out papaya to all the patients.


That night we went to the apartment and watched Hannah Montana and ordered in Chinese food.


I got the Game Of Life for my birthday but I am finding it hard to get everyone to play. We have not had one game yet with all of us and I'm not very happy about it.


School is going great and it all seems to be working. The ashram is great as well and we have been visiting everyday.


Talk soon


Hunter

2 comments:

  1. Awesome, Great to hear everything is going well.

    and Happy birthday!

    Justin

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Hunter,
    Great you have your own blog. Of course we forgot your birthday. However congratulations on your tenth from us here in Holland. We see you are having a great time down in India. Greetings from tante Ingrid and oom Joop, also for Sam and your Mum and Dad

    ReplyDelete