Thursday, October 15, 2009

Thursday 15th of October

Yesterday we went to the Spinal Hospital. Dad had to meet up with Prakash, Savita and Jake because they needed the ashram stamp which Dad had.


The hosplial was nicer than I had expected. It was much nicer then all the other hospitals I have been to in Delhi...thats for sure. Prakash, Savita and Jake had brought about eight patients. When we got there Ruksanna one of the girls in a wheelchair was zooming around on the smooth floors as she was used to rocky surfaces at the ashram.


One of the doctors gave us a tour of the department where they make the prosthetic limbs. His english was a bit hard to understand but it was still interesting. Mum called the visit an excursion because I had hardly done any school work that morning. I told her she was a weirdo and that we had only been there for an hour.

They gave us some tea and they came with mini stirrers but Sam, Dad and me just used them as straws!


After that we went to India Gate to kill sometime before Sam's baseball training...BTW my team is still undefeated and if your reading this Josh Rogers I am letting you know that I now have two home runs too....and its not over yet!


At India Gate me and Mum played the new Monopoly Card game that the Rogers sent us.....thanx!!!! We soon were surrounded by what seemed like a crowd, we were just trying to play a game of cards!


We soon went to the American Embassy for Sam's baseball training and had dinner while watching and then got stuck in horrendous traffic on the way home. In the traffic me and Sam were sticking our body out the window and strangely spotted one of our cars! It was the patients on their way home from the Spinal Hospital! We soon caught up with them and they all got excited.....it had been a long day for them especially with all the traffic.


P.S It is Diwali tomorrow and we are hearing some big (read massive) explosions near our house!


Hunter


No comments:

Post a Comment